Tuesday 9 April 2019

The next blanket

The next blanket, #202, lacks photos.  Somehow I managed to give it away without taking pictures.  It looks very similar to #198, as it uses a lot of the same yarns, in the same red blue green shades.

I used to unravel two or three garments for each blanket, but at some stage I started using odd balls that I bought for the blankets, and they became so many that I reduced the unravelling to one per blanket, and then to one per every three blankets.  Now that I have stopped buying yarn there will be no additional odd balls, and there are not many - in comparison - left, so now I will unravel one garment per blanket.

For this blanket I unravelled a fair isle waistcoat in dark green background.  Somebody has been having fun with this, using scrap yarn to try out different fair isle patterns.  I recognize the Kaffe Fassett poppies.  I like the bits of odd yarn that something like this produces.


No comments:

Post a Comment