Saturday 27 April 2019

The next blanket



The next blanket, #203, is another dark one, in black, navy, brown, grey.  After my decision to stop buying yarn I decided to use yarn store yarns for my standard blankets.  There is no need to hoard them anymore; now the objective is to use everything.










I go through my spreadsheet chronologically, and add multiples of balls of yarn to the blankets.  I have another pile of odd balls to supplement, and now I include aran weight and anything that doesn't seem too thick.  This time I added hanks of Rowan aran Magpie, in this case dark navy, 25 gr hanks of Rowan DK and black Rowan 4 ply botany wool.  These have all been in the yarn store for many years, and it feels good to see them disappear.



















The garment I unravelled is a navy cotton Cos cardigan.  It is huge and heavy, nearly 1 kg in weight.  It is my size but far too large and heavy to wear.  It looks reasonable in the picture.  I like the yarn, a smooth cotton that is easy to knit.

No comments:

Post a Comment