The next blanket, #159, turned out to be very bright. I wanted to use up the yellow coloured double knitting Greenock wool, and I added bright greens and orange. I think it is a good idea to put all the bright colours together, but it does taking used to. I enjoyed knitting it after all. There will still be some yellow left, more than enough for another blanket. And green and orange.
Despite what I said about ribbed Jigsaw sweaters I allowed myself to buy one more. They provide such useful background colour. And soon afterwards I found this one in beige. I would have preferred a darker colour, but it goes very well here. That is you can hardly see it, but I think it adds to the uniformity.
The second garment to unravel was this cardigan by Jamie and Jesse Seaton. It does not appear in their book, but I saw it in an Ehrman catalogue from the early 1990s. It was available as a kit or as ready knitted. I hope this one was knitted from a kit. The first front and sleeve were difficult to unravel. There were lots of tight knots, unnecessary short lengths and in places yarn seemed to have swiss darned on top of a previous row, and sometimes a row or two sewn. I really don't understand how it was done. The other three parts were better
The third was a Marks and Spencer orange cashmere scarf. The colour fitted right in.
My yarn diet is not going too well. I do stick to items on the list of allowed items, but as it is so broad it is easy to find things that fit. I have found one thing. I should look at colour first, and if it is bright, or white or black, I don't buy. That works so easily.