Saturday 23 March 2019

The next blanket





The next blanket, #201, contains more red, along with pink, beige and some green and blue.  There is also nice yellow and orange.


The nice red wool came from a bag of odd yarn.  I like bags where you can't see the content clearly because of the fun of opening it up and seeing what you've bought.  In this bag I could see some nice dyed sock yarn, and there was more good quality Lang sock yarn, very nice knitting despite the bright shades.  The red yarn was knitted into some odd shapes, intended as a bag I think.  It was knitted doubled, in a very tight tension in an aran pattern, painfully tight.  Intended as a substitute for felting?  I unravelled it and was surprised to find it completely straightened after washing, so it must be pure wool.  Here I included it as a regular red stripe, and there is more for another blanket.





No comments:

Post a Comment