Saturday 9 March 2019

The next blanket




This is the blanket, #200, where I learnt to appreciate white.  I have complained about the colour before.  In the process of rearranging my yarn I brought all the whites together, and gasped at the amount.  I decided to do a blanket in white only, with one strand of lavender sock wool.  After about 25 cm I decided the knitting was too boring, and I didn't like the result much either, so contrary to my principles of not unpicking blankets, I did, and reknitted it as a standard blanket, #200.  This was much more satisfying.  I did two regular white stripes, but here they are barely obvious.




The number #200 is not significant.  The numbering came about when I started entering the blankets in a spreadsheet in 1995.  Rows 1 and 2 were headings, so the first blanket was #3.  But before then I knitted some 20 blankets that were entered manually in a notebook, and it should still be around, somewhere.


No comments:

Post a Comment