Tuesday 17 September 2019

The next blanket



The next blanket, #207, turned out quite pleasing.  I managed to omit all discordant shades, and all blend together nicely.  The blanket is white and pink with grey and beige shades.  My only thought was that I must include more whites in the next one.



I unravelled this cardigan, from one of Kaffe Fassett's early kits.  This must be the third or fourth I have done.  It contains mainly Rowan DK wools in nice shades.  It was knitted in fairisle and was easy to unravel.












According to my spreadsheet the next lots to be added are other 1990s Rowan yarns.  One is an Annabel Fox beige DK, a total of 9.5 balls so it will last a long time.  The mohair next to it is not Rowan; it is Jonelle but nice nonetheless.














The unlabelled balls in this picture are Rowan, a 4 ply tweed often used in their kits.  It could be Light Tweed or Fine Fleck Tweed, or something else altogether.  I often find yarn from Rowan 1990s kits and I can't help buying it, thinking I must give it a good home.  My blankets seem an appropriate place.  It is lovely yarn to knit with and it adds nice texture.







No comments:

Post a Comment