Wednesday 25 September 2019

Rau sweater




The next yarn to be used was Rowan Lenpur Linen, bought in sales some eight years ago.  I had 10 balls each in two shades, Cocoa - brown and Tattoo - grey.  The pattern that I found was in Knitscene Summer 2017, Rau sweater by Quenna Lee.


It is a simple design, stocking stitch body and sleeves with a garter stitch yoke with lace detail on the front.  I knitted the body and the sleeves in the round.  The front and back yokes are joined at the shoulders with three needle cast off.  I didn't do very well doing it in garter stitch - a good thing it doesn't show in the pictures.  The stitches for the sleeves are picked up and worked downwards.  I did full length sleeves, having cold wrists.




It was straightforward knitting.  The lace detail was an interesting and something different for me.  I managed to get the number of stitches right so it fits me well.  Mine has more ease than the pattern, deliberately.  I did the yoke in grey - and the rest in brown - because I thought there might not be enough brown.  There would have been.  I like wearing it.

The yarn, viscose 75% and linen 25%, feels nice to the touch when knitted.  But, it splits badly, so I had to be careful knitting it.  I would avoid similar yarns in future.









Rau Sweater, Quenna Lee (Knitscene Summer 2017)

Yarn: Rowan Lenpur Linen, viscose 75% linen 25%, Cocoa and Tattoo shades
Needles: 3.0mm for rib and yoke, 3.5mm for body and sleeves
Size: S
Weight: 460gr
Knitted 29 April to 18 August 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment