Tuesday 25 August 2020

Kaffe Fassett: Victorian cats needlepoint cushion





 I bought this Ehrman needlepoint kit in a charity shop because I suspected it was a Kaffe Fassett design, and it was.  Generally I avoid pictures of animals and people, so I made an exception.  The design was printed on a double weave canvas, so it seemed quick.  I cut off the right side edge to make the picture more square, and I don't think it shows.  Stitching it was enjoyable, seeing the picture take shape.  It was difficult identifying the shades of yarn; there were many beige - brown shades, and I may have got it wrong.  Luckily it doesn't show in the finished picture.

I had to add strips of backing fabric to top and bottom to make it fit a square cushion pad.  I like how the fabric colours match the design.  I like the finished cushion more than I thought I would.  The cats are sweet.

Stitched  25 November 2019 to 16 March 2020; finished cushion 31 March 2020



No comments:

Post a Comment