Friday 14 August 2020

Kaffe Fassett: Shells needlepoint cushion

 Lockdown allowed me to finish the queue of finished needlepoint cushion covers that had accumulated over several months.  This is the first one, an old design, Shells, by Kaffe Fassett.

The design in itself didn't appeal to me very much, but I bought it because of the designer.  I like the colours.  It is large, 40 * 50 cm.  I always enjoy the stitching.  The shape is not a standard size for cushion pads, so I did the same as with the pansies cushion - I added a strip of backing fabric to top of bottom.  I like the way the colours go together.

When it was finished I found I liked the cushion more than expected, so it still sits on my sofa where I enjoy the large size.

Stitched  9 June to 25 November 2019; finished cushion 20 March 2020






No comments:

Post a Comment