Sunday 9 February 2020

Blanket #211





The next blanket #211, is another in darkish colours, red, blue.  I enjoy putting these together.  I did a regular stripe of a nice Malabrigo kettle dyed wool in a brick shade.  The mohair was Sirdar Supreme Mohair in mulberry.











I unravelled this tunic dress in a nice cable pattern.  It is a Debbie Bliss design, Mathilde from Winter Essentials in her Cashmerino DK.  The dress annoys me.  It is my size and I would have enjoyed wearing it, except for the neckline.  It is too low.  On me, shorter than average, it is in danger of slipping indecently low because there is nothing to hold it up as the ribbed neckline is too stretchy.  The dress is so heavy that it can only be worn in cold weather, and then I would need something to cover my neck and chest.  A warm top underneath would make the dress feel even warmer.  A scarf would not cover my chest adequately.  It is such a shame.  The yarn itself is useful in the blankets despite the synthetic content.







No comments:

Post a Comment