Friday 12 October 2018

The next blanket


The next blanket, #196, is a light one with white and pastel colours.  I decided to add this Lister Tahiti mohair, random coloured white beige dark brown, and it does not really fit.  But it used up quite a lot of the yarn.  The white yarns will never run out.  I come across more and more.









This time I unravelled a cardigan, large white Esprit in the 1980s oversized aran knit style that is becoming fashionable again.  I bought it because of the yarn, an aran weight unplied wool.  This is so useful as background in the blankets giving them stability.  I used to buy them - garments in this type of yarn, especially Jigsaw did some nice ones - but with buying less I gave up.  I couldn't resist this one because of the low price.  Unravelling was a dream.









No comments:

Post a Comment