Wednesday 4 May 2016

The next blanket



The next blanket, #176, is white with green and blue, for no particular reason other than a change from red and pink.  I like it.  I managed to exclude any discordant shades.  There is the white of course, but it blends in nicely.  I have included some synthetic blends - because the yarns are there, usually obtained in bags of assorted balls - but they are not very obvious.






The first garment I unravelled is this 1930s style sweater in Rowan 4 ply soft, one of my favourite yarns, in a slip stitch pattern in pale blue and grey.  The pattern is Pandora by Leah Sutton is Rowan Magazine 38 without the Big Wool bow.  The sweater is very very short according to the style of the period, and for me the sleeves are too long.  The insert at the front could look OK but it should be sewed in, and it is difficult to make it look good, as the picture proves.  The sweater was a pleasure to unravel, and the yarn is nice.

The second garment is this Asser and Turnbull cashmere zip up jacket.  The yarn is between 4 ply and DK in weight, and quite nice.  The beige colour is very useful.  The fronts have been cut at the zip, so I ended up with a lot of short lengths.  I begin to have less patience with these now, when there is much yarn in the yarn store.  And I didn't use the yarn in this particular blanket, because there is so much unravelled already.  It will come in useful at some stage in the future.




No comments:

Post a Comment