Sunday 17 June 2018

The next blanket


It was never my intention to stop blogging for so long, but life got in the way.  And once I got out of the habit, it became difficult to get back in again.  Life got in the way of knitting as well, and I have a number of projects waiting to get finished.  This is old projects waiting for finishing before life got in the way.  I was too stressed to knit anything but my standard blanket.  Again I wonder why I insist on doing difficult blankets and garments when the thing I enjoy the most is my standard blankets...

The next blanket # 193 became pink and green, and the colours really make it.  As before I just try to use up yarns in a similar tone, and I didn't expect the pink and greens to be so prominent.  No harm done.









I unravelled the next of my Susan Duckworth entrelac or basket stitch sweaters.  There was a lot of nice Rowan DK wool, in my kind of colours.  I enjoy unravelling entrelac.  I have one more of these sweaters, but the next one is going back to a charity shop, come autumn, because the angora yarn in it has shrunk with washing, and unravelling would involve cutting and frustration and wasting yarn.
















No comments:

Post a Comment