I have not got much further with my Geo Modern Throw. I finished knitting the 20 blocks. Then I washed them. Not because they were dirty, although some of the yarn may have hung around for 20 years or more, but because it seemed a good easy way of wetting them for blocking. I washed them by hand and spun them in the washing machine, in two batches. Then I placed them out on the spare bed, the wrong way round because the edges rolls upwards the right way round.
The blockss look much better now. The sculptural effect that I enjoyed has largely disappeared, and I think that is for the good. The thing that worries me is that the blocks differ in size according to the yarn used, and that it will it look strange when they are put together.
I have put the blocks aside for the time being, because I have started a new project, using some of the leftover yarn from the throw. So this is also chunky and now that I have got more than half way through it is beginning to annoy me. I am doing this on request and there is other knitting I would rather do. Knitting on 6 mm needles tires my hands and I can't do it for hours on end, so it seems slow.